Kidney stone is a tiny crystalline mineral substance that occurs inside the kidney or urinary tract and is medically known as Nephrolithiasis.
- According to reports, approx. 17% of people develop kidney stones once in a lifetime.
- Men are more prone to the disease at 13%, while 7% of women are suffering from the disease.
Blood in the urine is frequently caused by kidney stones (haematuria). The most common symptom is the severe stomach, flank, or groin pain. Visiting a reputable Kidney Stone Specialist Doctor in Chandigarh can help you with proper treatment.
Symptoms of Kidney Stone
The majority of kidney stones are tiny. They can be as small as a grain of salt or as large as a kernel of corn. The stone might be smooth or rough, and brown or yellow.
Pain is the most common symptom of kidney stones. It can be painful to flush one out of your body when urinating. Many others, on the other hand, show no signs.
Some of these symptoms are:
- both sides of your lower back are in excruciating discomfort
- a persistent stomach ache or a more broad pain
- urine with blood in it
- vomiting or nausea
- chills and fever
- a foul odor or a hazy look to the urine
Major causes for Kidney stone
As per Kidney Stone Specialist in Chandigarh and worldwide, certain factors that increase the risk of developing kidney stones that are:
- Family or personal history of kidney stones may increase the risk of kidney stones in the future.
- Lack of proper water intake, and dehydration may cause kidney stones. People who sweat a lot are more likely to get the disease.
- Diet with high protein, sodium (salt), and sugar increase the risk of kidney stone. More salt consumption raises calcium levels, which increases the risk of stone formation.
- Obesity is a significant reason for any disease. High BMI, large waist size, and weight gain have been directly related to the risk of kidney stones.
- Changes in the digestive tract might disrupt calcium and water absorption. These digestive tracts are gastric bypass surgery, inflammatory bowel illness, or chronic diarrhea. It increases the amount of stone-forming chemicals in urine.
- Many medical factors are also responsible for kidney stones. Some are renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, hyperparathyroidism, and recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Medication can also hold responsibility for kidney stones. Such supplements are vitamin C, nutritional supplements, laxatives (when used excessively), calcium-based antacids, and inevitable migraine or depression drugs.
Treatment with Kidney Stone Specialist Doctor in Chandigarh
If your doctor suspects you have a kidney stone, you may undergo tests and treatments to determine whether you have one.
- Blood test
- Urine test
- CT scan or X-rays
- Analysis of passed stones
The majority of minor kidney stones can be treated by Kidney Stone Specialist in Chandigarh without invasive surgery. Drinking plenty of water, taking pain relievers, and seeing a doctor could all help you pass a small stone.
Larger kidney stones and those that cause bleeding, kidney damage, or recurrent urinary tract infections may necessitate more aggressive therapy. The specialists may use the following procedures:
- Breaking the stone using sound waves
- Surgery for a bigger stone
- Using a ureteroscope to remove the stone
- Parathyroid gland surgery
Lifestyle changes to avoid kidney stone
Prevention is always better than cure. Some small steps can help you long to prevent kidney stones.
- Drinking plenty of water is the first and foremost step to avoiding kidney stones.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity has been associated in studies with an increased risk of kidney stones.
- Canned, packaged, and fast foods include a high amount of sodium. Therefore, it is better to reduce or avoid consumption.
- People should avoid soft drinks and colas as much as possible. These drinks contain a lot of sugar and phosphates, which can cause kidney stones.
- Limit your oxalates intake, organic chemicals found in various foods such as spinach and sweet potatoes. Oxalates readily bind to certain minerals, particularly calcium, and they aid in forming kidney stones.
- Animal protein consumption may raise your risk of kidney stones.
Searching for a Kidney Stone Specialist Doctor in Chandigarh is not an enormous task anymore. Chaudhary hospital has the best Kidney Stone Specialist in Chandigarh.
Chaudhary Hospital in Chandigarh has one of the most experienced medical teams in the city. To ensure quality care and successful recovery, staff from various specialties collaborates.
Read More: Best Piles Treatment in Chandigarh